Covid-19 PCR & Antibody Testing
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a beta coronavirus that causes the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and pandemic. SARS-CoV-2 is mainly transmitted through droplets and contact routes, and the virus infects human cells via binding to angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2). People who are infected with SARSCoV-2 may express signs and symptoms of acute respiratory illness, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, but can also be asymptomatic. Symptomatic, pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers all can be potential sources for viral transmission.
As a CLIA certified high complexity clinical laboratory and your dedicated laboratory service provider, World Wide Clinical Labz is responding quickly to COVID-19 test needs and ready to provide you the following test options.
RT-PCR Antigen Testing
A method useful for confirming the presence of an infection by SARS-COV-2. This is the gold standard of testing.
- A nasopharyngeal swab is used to collect a sample from the patient.
- Samples then need to be preserved and transported to the lab for processing.
- Scientists in the laboratory extract the sample; then using PCR machines to identify if traces of SARS COVID-19 exist.
- Once the results are finalized by our PHD scientists; they are then available to be downloaded by the patient or provider.
Rapid Antigen Testing (Swab)
A cost-effective method of testing the general public to help determine if they have presence of SAVS-COV or SARS-COV-2. Accurate results in 15 minutes.
- A nasopharyngeal swab collects a sample from the patient.
- Swab is placed on cassette and generates a result within 15 minutes.
- All supplies are included with the kit to perform this test.
- Results are overseen by our scientists and an official result is generated by our laboratory information system, then sent to the patient.
- Patients who test positive for COVID-19 should confirm their findings with an RT/PCR COVID test.
IgM/IgG/IgA Antibody Test (Whole Blood or Serum/Plasma)
A cost-effective method of testing the general public to help determine if they have previously contracted COVID-19
- A blood sample is taken (finger prick or whole serum blood).
- Tests can be performed at the point-of-care, temporal sample collection sites.
- If the patient has been infected, their blood will contain antibodies (IgM, IgG and IgA) specific to the SARS-Cov-2.
- Positive test results indicate the patient’s immune system has responded to a past infection.
If you are looking for a rapid turnaround and reliable lab service for your COVID-19 test program, please let us know and one of our service representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours!
Specimen are overnighted to the lab via FedEx. Once samples are received, we result in under 2 hours. Test kits can be shipped to your site. We have staff training and courier options available.